Completely Private Voice & Video Chat
True Anonymity via Tor Hidden Service
Secure Video Calls and File Transfers
Tamper-Proof Code Validation
No Signup or Downloads Required
Cross-Platform – Works on Any Device
Encrypted and authenticated via the post-quantum Castle messaging protocol.
To crack a single Cyph message would require 1038 Tianhe-2 supercomputers running for the lifetime of the universe.
Application packages are verified at run-time against our personal public keys via WebSign — so even if our servers get pwned, you won't.
Cyph is extremely simple for anybody to use, and runs anywhere in one click — no installation or registration required.
Cyph from your desktop, laptop, phone, or tablet!
Cyph is a revolutionary new secure messenger, founded by two former SpaceX engineers to defend the world from mass surveillance.
We've been friends for nearly two decades, and have spent a lot of time working together over the years — most recently for Elon Musk at the aforementioned rocket factory.
While the two of us are strong supporters of Internet freedom and privacy, communicating online securely with our non-engineer friends has always been such a hassle that it really wasn't an option.
We knew there had to be a better way, so we created Cyph.
Press The Button
The button will take you into the Cyph application, where you'll be given a custom shortlink to share with one friend.
When your friend opens this link, the conversation will begin.
Welcome Penn's Sunday School Jordan, Jesse, Go! We The People Sawbones Judge John Hodgman My Brother, My Brother and Me The Security Brief listeners!
Sign up below, and get bumped to the front of our waitlist for Cyph v2.
Sign up below, and you'll get first access to Cyph accounts and an extra 5 invites (10 total), for being a member of the Penn's Sunday School Congregation! Registration will be closing when we reach initial capacity.
Don't be confined to your buddy list – cyph anyone!
Unlike other messenger apps, Cyph gives you the freedom to start a secure chat or call with anyone – regardless of whether they're already using Cyph.
Don't be limited by your social network. When you want to chat, your friends who don't use Cyph will simply receive a cyph link, and with one click a private key will be generated for them right in their browser.
Video chat with peace of mind again.
For optimal performance, all video, audio, and transferred files are sent directly to the person you're cyphing (without ever touching our servers).
Since they're encrypted locally, however, even if intercepted, your friendly neighbourhood FBI van will only see gibberish
Powerful encryption on all your platforms.
Cracking a single Cyph message key would take longer than the age of the universe, even using the fastest supercomputers on Earth – and because the keys are constantly refreshed, even if one were somehow leaked, only a few messages would be compromised (rather than an entire conversation).
As an added layer of obfuscation, all of our encrypted traffic is randomly split between eight different datacentres around the world, with no obvious way for us to piece together the data belonging to any one chat.
Circumvent government censorship and blocked access with confidence.
Cyph is 100% supported for use on the Tor network, which allows you to hide your location, and subvert government and company internet filters.
In addition to having a recognisable Tor address (cyphdbyhiddenbhs.onion), Cyph is the first hidden service on the Tor network to deploy an Extended Validation SSL certificate, the highest level of trust and authentication for a website. This helps us easily let you know if you're ever connected to an impostor; to make sure you're connected to the real Cyph, just look for the green lock in the upper left-hand corner of your screen that reads "Cyph, Inc.".
We're now piloting a beta of Cyph for enterprises with a small set of startups and business customers.
Our standard enterprise beta offers:
- SDK for third-party Cyph integration
- Optional "modest branding" feature
- Hands-on support from the founders of Cyph
- Extra priority for feature requests
Custom arrangements may include:
- Extended SLA
- Self-branded white label distribution
- Custom Cyph deployments (internally forked, self-hosted, and/or self-signed)
If you're interested in learning more about Cyph's beta enterprise program, contact us now.
I'm sorry, but your cyph is in another castle...
Reasons why you may have landed here:
- A glitch in the matrix
- You're just guessing random URLs
- We broke something
If you'd like to help support our mission, any donations to the Bitcoin address 1Cyph47AKhyG8mP9SPxd2ELTB2iGyJjfnd would be greatly appreciated.
All Bitcoin donated will go directly toward the development of native mobile apps and Cyph accounts.
Frequently Asked Questions
Dear Cyph, what's coming soon?
Threat model, design specs / how it works, and a FAQ page with more than one question. Stay tuned!
Terms of Service
By accessing this website, you are agreeing to be bound by these website Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
- Use License
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Cyph's website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Cyph's website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Cyph at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The materials on Cyph's website are provided "as is". Cyph makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Cyph does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Cyph or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Cyph's Internet site, even if Cyph or a Cyph authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
- Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Cyph's website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Cyph does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete, or current. Cyph may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. Cyph does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Cyph has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Cyph of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user's own risk.
- Governing Law
Any claim relating to Cyph's website shall be governed by the laws of the State of VA without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
- Before or at the time of collecting any personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information only when necessary, solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will protect personal information by security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We collect and use limited data with Google Analytics on our corporate site (cyph.com), as well as in a sandboxed iframe for cyph.im (the Cyph application), which then self-destructs after 10 seconds. Our backend logs the total number cyphs started, number of messages sent, beta-list sign-ups, and incoming requests.
- We do not and will never view, log, or transfer plaintext versions of your encrypted data, nor the private keys and mutually shared secrets needed in order to decipher them.
- We have not been approached by any agency, government or otherwise, with a request to backdoor our code. We are currently working on implementing a better warrant canary system.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
If you have any questions about our policy, please email us at email@example.com.